Tugboat & Reef Snorkel Tour and Fort Beekenburg
Half-day tour that goes off the beaten track to enjoy scenic and extraordinary sites, not easily found by yourself. You will snorkel in the crystal clear waters of Curaçao, get “surrounded” by fish at Tugboat and visit the historic site of Fort Beekenburg. Snorkel gear provided. Transportation by minivan or land-cruiser.
This Tour has it all; colourful coral formations, tropical fish and a historical site. Enjoy Curaçao both above and under water!
- First you will snorkel at an impressive drop-off, featuring beautiful corals. Here you can lay still in calm waters to enjoy the reef or get fully washed in the gentle warm waves.
- Next you will snorkel at the Tugboat, a 30ft, still-complete wreck, located in 17ft of water. The Tugboat has been beneath the waves for three decades and is encrusted with corals. The fish are used to being fed and the many tropical fish will gather around. This makes it the perfect photo opportunity.The Tugboat is among the best snorkelling and diving sites of Curaçao, due to the shallow water and easy access.
- After drying off and have some refreshments, you will visit the historic site of Fort Beekenburg. The Fortress was built to protect the Caracasbay from enemy nations and pirates. From the trail you have a good view of Barbara beach, located across the harbour of Spanish Water.
- You will get a digital ticket as confirmation
- Tour is offered in English/Spanish and Dutch
|DURATION AND TIMES
- Starting time: 9:00 or 2:00 p.m (Tour at 2 p.m. is upon request)
- Duration: 4 hours, approx.
|Pick-up and drop off at your hotel or apartment
Personal multilingual guide
- You will receive confirmation of pick-up time and tickets in your e-mail.
- This is a half-day tour (09:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m.) with pick-up as early as 08:00 depending on the location of your accommodation.
- No snorkel experience needed, but you need to be able to swim
- Mention name of your hotel in remark field for the hotel transfer & shoe size for snorkel fins
- ¿Are you a cruise passenger arriving in the afternoon? Contact us for alternative times.
- You must be able to swim. Snorkeling experience is NOT needed.
- This tour is not recommended for visitors with limited mobility
Reserve your spots now!