Lost City Trek – Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta (4 days – 3 nights)
Book now a unique experience with the indigenous communities and surrounded by the most fascinating landscapes of Colombia. The Lost City Trek 4-day tour is one of the most adventurous excursions at Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta. Lost City is an archeological site that s believed to have been founded around 800 A.D., which is around 650 years earlier than Machu Picchu.
This tour offers you a medium-to-high level walk which shows you a series of landscapes and the opportunity to interact with the indigenous communities in the region.
Day 1: Santa Marta - El Mamey - Camp 1
Day 2: Camp 1 - Camp 3
Day 3: Camp 3 - Lost City - Camp 2
Day 4: Camp 2 - El Mamey
- Plan ahead and book in advance
- Consider your physical conditions and time availability
- Avoid carrying heavy and uncomfortable backpacks.
- Drink enough water along the tour
- During walks, always stay with your group and avoid getting away the paths
- Protect your skin by reapplying sunscreen regularly and wearing protective clothing and a hat
- Dispose of all waste properly
- Leave what you find and respect wildlife and local customs.