Pablo Escobar and the New Medellin Tour
Join us on a tour of Medellin to experience the impressive changes the city has made in the decades since the detention of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar. Learn about the details of this period of time as well as the most representative places in the life of the most powerful and richest criminal of all time.
From his house to his final resting place, this tour will show you his impact on the city. Above all, the walk will emphasise the evolution of the city to achieve the change from the most violent to the most innovative. Get to know, from the perspective of a local person, the dark past that has shaded the city, and be witness to a new Medellin, which has come to be recognised as one of the most resilient cities according to the Rockefeller Foundation.
- See the city from the perspective of a local guide (English and Spanish speaking guide)
- Visit the most representative places relating to Pablo Escobar
- Witness how the city has transformed since the death of Pablo Escobar
- Visit the neighbourhood of El Poblado to see the most luxurious properties and the Escobar’s private penthouse where he hid his money during the early days
- Stop at “La Cathedral”, Escobar’s private prison, before a perilous and dramatic escape leading up to his death in December 1993.
- Visit the Stadium area, where Escobar was finally captured on the rooftops, and on to the private cemetery – his final resting place.
- Show your printed voucher upon pick-up
- Tour is offered in English and Spanish
- Participants must be over 7 years old.
|Pick-up and drop off at your hotel or apartment
||Personal multilingual guide
|Lunch or other drinks
|DURATION AND TIMES
- Starting times: Choose 9:00 or 14:00
- Duration: 4 hours, approx.
- Please wear comfortable clothes, tennis, bring a bottle of water, sunglasses and camera.
- Large bags are not recommended
- This tour is not recommended for participants with limited mobility
Buy your Ticket Now!