Fast Track Tickets for the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá
Visit The Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá, an impressive Roman Catholic church that was built in the tunnels of a salt mine. The current salt cathedral is roughly 75 meters long and 25 meters high, with a giant cross carved into the back wall.
Considered one of the greatest achievements of the Colombian architecture, The Salt Cathedral’s temple has three sections, which represent the birth, life and death of Jesus. It can theoretically accommodate 10,000 people. More than 3,000 visitors come to the cathedral on most Sundays to praise the glory of both God and this mineral-ensconced home.
Buy now your tickets and head underground, 180 meters to this special Colombian place of worship. Be wowed by the dome, the balcony and the Narthex Labyrinth, all as salty as the bottom of the sea. No need to test that theory by licking things (although we forgive you if you do).
- Travel 180 meters underground to this impressive Roman Catholic church, built in the tunnels of a salt mine not far from Bogota
- See how the walls and floors were all carved into halite mountain itself, and so was the ceiling – don’t forget to look up!
- Dive into a treasure trove of historical mementoes, religious items and old technology showcasing Colombia’s awesome ancient roots
- E-ticket accepted. No need to print.
|TIMES & FREQUENCY
- Departures every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Duration: 5 hours, approx.
- Departure: 10:00 a.m. (09:45 a.m.)
|Access to the Salt Cathedral
Access to the Brine Museum
Audioguide in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
Other services not specified
- You will receive confirmation and tickets in your e-mail
- Show your ticket (printed or on your smartphone) at the entrance of the Cathedral
- Meeting point: Map and instructions specified on your ticket
- We kindly advise you to use comfortable clothes and shoes and be ready for some walking.
- Last admission is at 17:45
- Pets are not allowed in
- The site can be reached from Bogotá Portal del Norte
Buy your Ticket Now!